Monday, October 13, 2014

Games we Play, races we run, and walking, kissing, and blowing

October 12, 2014

I'm writing this as Naomi is screaming and kicking directly above me in her room while Dave reads a book in the background, trying not to lose it.  She is refusing to do EVERYTHING!  She wants to read a book, but won't pick it out.  If we pick it out, she doesn't want that one.  OMG.  It's a bit unreal. I thought her twos were bad, but if today is what the rest of 3 will be like, I'm really in for it this year.  She holds it together sometimes, but man, when she loses it, it's very hard for me not to lose it too, especially when she wakes up or keeps up Hudson who naps and goes to bed around the same time or earlier.

Hudson has been sleeping much better starting a few night ago, and has also taken off.  He loves his new walking skill!  He practices, or maybe he's showing off, walking around the living room couch.  He has learned so much in the past month!  He can wave, he can blow on his food, he can blow his nose, and even kiss.  It's a wide open very slobbery kiss, but I will take it!  It's too adorable to resist.


Naomi has been wanting to play hide and seek a lot, so much that she asks me to play in clever ways. "Mommy, I have a nice-dea, let's play the Bee game' (That's Naomi language for Nice Idea!)  and then the Lion Game, etc...  all of these game have a strong similarity to Hide and Seek and nothing to do with Bees or Lions or any other animal/insect she choses for the day.  She counts to 10, sometimes to 11, and sometimes to 12, and then she seeks me.  Yesterday during my turn to hide, she forgot we were playing when distracted by the glass of water on Dave's bedside stand.  I waited for a long time and then snuck up on her as she drank water and looked out the glass door.  Really?  Want a nut.  When it's my turn to count, she rarely makes it 'hiding' long before she jumps up and say 'i'm right here!'  If she does happen to stay 'hiding' and I use that term loosely, she's been known to 'hide' on the floor with her eyes covered, with her head under Hudson's musical play stand, or even standing in the corner.  I thought by now she would get the game more, but clearly not.




Naomi ran her 2nd running race yesterday.  Her first was 1/4 mile around the zoo last Spring.  No problem.  This one was the Harrison Classic and was a little over a mile.  I ran with her.  It was awesome; she did so well.  Dave and I were quite impressed that she ran the entire thing.  There were a few steps here and there that she started walking but with a little encouragement, she started right back up again.  She was pretty excited herself and even wanted to run home.



We took Liza in to the vet today to get her annual check up and ready for a teeth cleaning.  Thank God I asked my mom to meet me there and help with the kids.  They whined and needed something every minute we were there. Liza is a healthy girl with yucky teeth, cataracts, arthritis in 3 out of 4 legs, 1 fatty tumor, and 1 cyst; both benign.



A few other pictures from the week:

Hudson asleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment